When planning a baby, beginning a pre-conceptual care programme that includes good nutrition is essential for both men and women. An optimally nutritious diet is vital for producing both healthy sperm and eggs and therefore maximizing your fertility.
For example some nutrients can have the following affects:
- Certain fats can balance hormone levels.
- Some foods can improve the quality of a woman’s eggs.
- Zinc can increase sperm count and reduce miscarriage
- Antioxidants can help prevent against birth defects, miscarriage and increase the production of good quality, healthy sperm.
- Some vitamins increase sperm quality and stop it from clumping or sticking together.
- Other nutrients can increase the flow of blood to the uterus, helping to provide a more fertile environment for the embryo to grow and develop.
It is just as important to make lifestyle changes also, as smoking, drinking, recreational drugs and stress, can all have an impact on your chance of conceiving. It takes approximately 3 – 4 months for both the egg and the sperm to develop and mature therefore, we recommend that couples follow a nutritional programme for the same amount of time, prior to trying to conceive.
To check for any nutrient imbalances or deficiencies we may also recommend some simple non-invasive tests. If you have been trying to conceive without success or are just about to start and would like to improve your chances of conception with a natural yet effective approach, then contact us for a nutritional programme specifically designed for you and your partner.
Disclaimer: The information and advice provided by The Nutritional Therapy Clinic is not intended as a substitute for medical advice. Any person suffering from conditions requiring medical attention, or who have symptoms that concern them, should consult a doctor. Testimonials on this site are examples of what we have done for other clients and of what some of our clients have said about us. However, we cannot guarantee the results in any case. Your results may vary and every situation is different. Please see our disclaimer section for further information.